Inspired by cousin Carly, I have decided to start a blog to write about the adventures of married life, pregnancy, and eventually parenthood in the city by the bay. Tuesday marked the beginning of the third trimester of pregnancy and what an journey it has been so far! Life has felt so different and exciting from the moment that Todd and I spotted the smiley face on the at home pregnancy test. The main differences so far have included eating more baked goods and Indian food than I thought humanly possible, not recognizing my reflection in the mirror, getting offered seats on the train, and feeling so close to someone I haven't met yet (Shorts). We chat to her sometimes and we've been lucky enough to feel her responses lately in the form of big stomach pulses- especially at night. Last week at the Marco Benevento concert at Yoshi's, she was really kicking up a storm! Maybe she has a thing for handsome, talented piano players. Can you blame her?
The name of this blog (thanks, Momma Nogg, for the idea!) is inspired by the nickname of our baby to be. Several years ago, I was given the nickname Anniepants (or Pants) by Sierra then Len gave our baby bump the nickname "Shorts". I figure she'll deal with it at least until adolescence... it has really stuck. Len tried to give Todd various clothing-related nicknames but no winners yet. If you have creative ideas, send them my way!
FANTASTIC! Can't wait to read more of your beautiful thoughts and feelings at this special time in your lives! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLove this. Don't forget pictures of that belly! -Mariss
ReplyDeleteYay! Can't wait to meet sweet lil shorts and to hear how your life changes with her arrival!
ReplyDelete