Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Painting a scene

Let me paint a scene for you, dear friends: Todd is on all fours being caressed and coo'ed by an attractive woman nearly 20 years his senior.  They are being watched by a humored crowd of 40 people or so, including his wife.  "Is this a messed up dream?" you ask.  No, it's reality and not just reality in this crazy town called San Francisco where costumes and nudity are the norm. 

This scene was something I witnessed first hand in Childbirth class last night!  When Todd and I arrived at our first class, I was exhausted from the day- and from the extra weight I'm carrying in front- but I was pleasantly surprised by how engaging the instructor was!  We learned about all sorts of interesting topics like preterm labor warning signs, labor terminology, phases, timeline, etc.  When Todd was in the vulnerable position mentioned above, the instructor was asking the partners of pregnant women to act out strategies to cope with labor pain. 

On a separate note, but related to the "painting" theme, Todd and I got the baby's room painted last weekend!  It's a grey color with hints of light blue and lavendar.  Fun stuff.

Signing off for now.  Coming soon: Pictures of the evolution of the baby bump. 

2 comments:

  1. Adam was the volunteer for the SAME activity in the same class. I'm glad you like Sarah, we thought she was great! We'll have to compare pics, I am pretty sure I still have the video.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete