Last week was a BIG week for Syd. She started doing three new things: waving, clapping, and crawling!!! It was almost too much for my heart to take! The crawl happened after weeks of the "worm" or flopping forward on her belly then getting up and doing it all over again. Now, after the crawl preview, she's back to the flop for now. It gets her from point A to point B- that's for sure! She continues to experiment with her voice and has a new sound that reminds us of a pterodactyl (Hey, thanks, spell check! I had no idea it was spelled that way!).
What motivated Syd the Kid to show us so many tricks in one week? Maybe it was the visit from Bubbie, Poppe, and Gma Jean!! She had a house full of cheerleaders and she was motivated alright!
May was the month of visitors! We were so lucky to spend QT with: Buddy, Fay, Molly, Lucy, Len, Gma Jean, my mom and my dad!! Now the house is just ours again and it feels very quiet. Usually, I get very emotional saying goodbyes to family, but this time I just feel incredibly grateful. Could this be a break through?? We'll see. But, it does feel good to focus on the positive and there are So. Many. Positives.
The working three days a week thing is still going really well. I just signed Syd up for "swim" classes or water play so we'll add that to our Rhyme Time at the library, play group and park going. Fun times! Work is keeping me busy and- while I'm not as challenged as I was when I worked full time and had the capacity to take on more- I still love my job and my colleagues.
These posts warm my heart and make me hopeful for my future mommy-hood:) You make it look too easy!
ReplyDelete