Growing up, August was the time school started. While I loved shopping for trapper keepers and labeling my paper bag covered books with a thick black marker (nerd), I was always sad to see summer end.
Two days ago when August began, I felt major excitement about the month. Why, you ask? Shorts is going to be making her debut this month- woo hoo! She'll likely share a birthday month with Cousin Avery, Grandma Fay, Great Aunt Char, and Cousin Laurie Brock. I've been looking into her astrological signs and she may be a Leo (the Lion). Some characteristics of Leo include creative, enthusiastic, warmhearted, and extroverted. They are also known to be bossy and domineering at times. In the Chinese zodiac calendar, 2012 is the year of the Dragon. Similar to Leos, Dragons are characterized to be ambitious, natural born leaders. Sounds like a dynamo to me! Todd doesn't believe in this stuff but I find it really interesting.
I simply can not wait to meet her. Grandparents have been booking flights, etc and it's all becoming very real. Plus, lately I've been looking down at my stomach in time to see her movements ripple. I think her space to move around is becoming pretty limited. So far the doctor sees no signs that my body is getting ready to go into labor but I hear that can change very quickly! It could be that the next time I write is to introduce Baby Jason!
Signing off for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment